We want to avoid spammers or other troublemakers from accessing our site. Please verify your details by confirming you are not a robot.
Interested in listing your business to increase direct bookings? CONTACT US NOW, it's FREE!
BOOKITLAH.COM SUBSCRIBERS WIN A WEEKEND AWAY PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to visitors aged 18 years or over. Only one (1) entry per individual will be accepted.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 7/06/2016 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEDST on 1/08/2016 ("Promotional Period").
5. To enter, it will require entrants to apply skill in telling BOOKITLAH.COM in 25 words or less where in the world they want to go next and the reason for visiting. The 3 best or most creative answers will each receive a weekend stay at one of the sponsored hotels. There will be a total of 3 accommodation weekend stays vouchers for the WIN a weekend away promotion to be drawn and notified on Monday Aug 1, 2016. Awarding of vouchers will be emailed to the winners.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. Entries will be judged by an internal marketing panel at BOOKITLAH.COM's head office at the end of the promotional period. 3 winners will be chosen. This is a game of skill. Luck plays no part in determining the winner.
10. Winners will be notified via a reply to their email address provided with their entry by Sunday July 31, 2016.
11. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. All prizes are only valid for the date indicated in the vouchers provided by each accommodation partner and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by BOOKITLAH.COM. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any prize voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
13. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included (e.g. flights, travel expenses to the hotel etc).
14. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter or on the prize voucher, then the prize will be forfeited. No refund or cash compensation will be awarded in lieu.
15. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from the accommodation partner.
16. Total prize pool value is $1,190 (weekend accommodation (single/twin share) at S'dakan Style Hotel Sabah, Malaysia, valued at a maximum of $150 each, and weekend accommodation (single/twin share) at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges, valued at $890).
17. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any unused double pass is not redeemable for cash.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products supplied by the Promoter.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any entrant; or
(b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees").
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) taking and/or use of a prize.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including (but not limited to) your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password.We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences which you can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member on www.bookitlah.com. For example, only registered members are able to interact with registered locals to gain information on best travel tips, post reviews on your experience, participate in discussion forums, e-mail bookitlah.com content, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web site or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Web site. If you have Instant Personalization set to 'enabled' in your Bookitlah.com privacy settings and you are logged into Bookitlah.com, then bookitlah.com will be personalized for you when you visit the Web site, even if you are a first-time user of bookitlah.com's Web site. When you first visit bookitlah.com, you will see an option to turn off Instant Personalization in just one click. If you decide to turn it off at a later date, you can do so by first logging into Bookitlah.com and turn off Instant Personalization by editing your privacy settings on Bookitlah.com. Please note that, if you have Bookitlah.com friends who are using bookitlah.com, they may also have shared information about you with us through Bookitlah.com. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can also do so by editing your Bookitlah.com privacy settings.
Automatic Collection of Information.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit bookitlah.com. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies, applications, widgets and links to other websites.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices
Information About Your Location.
When you use a bookitlah.com application (the "Application") on a mobile phone or tablet device ("Device"), we will collect and use information about you in broadly the same way and for substantially similar purposes as when you use a bookitlah.com website. In addition, we may collect information about your location, if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application, via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We will use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of hotels or restaurants near you. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
How we use your information
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests. By accessing and using the website, the user consents to the receipt of such communications as provided above. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
Bookitlah.com may share your information with the following entities: Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, and distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to or use the information for any other purpose. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party. If you were referred to our Web site from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web site's use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to our Web site. Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We endeavour to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting your subscriptions page on the bookitlah.com Web site. You can close your bookitlah.com account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. If you do not hold an account with us, or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete and modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
Bookitlah.com is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 16 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
How you can contact us